Let me start by saying a huge thank you to LabelsLisaLoves for nominating me for this Liebster Award. I’m not even a month old yet but to get even a mention from a fellow blogger just blows my mind. If you are not showing Lisa some love please stop by and check her out.
Now let’s get on with this Liebster Award. The rules are quite simple. If you are nominated you must do the following:
- Post 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions that your nominator has asked you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers.
- Ask them 11 questions.
- Let them know you have nominated them.
Here we shall start will 11 facts about me. You can also find an additional 13 facts on my About Me page.
- I have an unhealthy addiction to Cadbury’s Cream Eggs at the moment.
- I can get my entire right hand in my mouth (mainly because it has no fingers on).
- I have seen the movie “What’s Love Got To Do With It” at least 25 times.
- I collect Momiji dolls.
- I am desperately trying to love fruity tea but try as might I just can’t find one I enjoy enough to drink. Apparently this fact does not stop me buying them.
- I run 7 Facebook groups covering a plethora of subjects including a TokiDoki Buy/Sell/Trade group and a Plus Size Chat group.
- I also have a collection of Precious Moments porcelain bisque ornaments.
- I have bought a Create 365 Happy Planner for 2017 and am looking forward to filling it up.
- I wear prescription glasses and I love them. I can’t imagine not wearing them, to the point I think my face looks weird without them. I currently have 7 pairs.
- I’m hoping 2017 will be the year I pop my Irregular Choice shoe cherry. I NEED a pair of Ban Joes in my life.
- I love Unicorns and hope to add to my 2 existing tattoos with a unicorn tattoo this year. I also have a larger memorial piece planned for my left thigh.
So here are my questions from the lovely LabelsLisaLoves:
You’re hosting a dinner party, you have 10 guests in total, including you, who are the other 9 guests, they can be dead or alive? Ohhhh this one is really difficult as there are so many people I’d like, which makes deciding on just 9 a mission. I’ll have to settle on my “9 right now” but acknowledge that it could change depending on my mood / need. I’ll start with my Vegas bestie Amy of Lady of the Library. We’ve been friends 3 years this year and have spoken on the phone but to meet in real life would be amazing. This one could also be doubled up with meeting another friend across the water, author J.B Salsbury. Jamie has written many books, including one of my favourite series #TheFightingSeries #BlakesMouse. We connected over my love of her book and became firm friends. I was fortunate enough to be able to provide Jamie with some local knowledge for the sixth book in the series Fighting Fate. Elvis Presley (68 Comeback Special, black leather outfit, guitar singing “One Night With You” Elvis) and Johnny Cash. Betty White. RuPaul and Michelle Visage. Last but by no means least my Nan and Grandad, who are both in heaven.
If you could do one thing again what would it be and why? Have the other half of my heart back, my baby girl, but this story is for another time.
What is your most embarrassing moment? No cheating!! When I was courting my husband, in the very early stages of our relationship, I decided I needed to drop a few pounds. So I thought the most ingenious plan ever would be to skip the doctor and just relieve my dad of a few of his Xenical pills to help kick start my mission (I know not my smartest decision). I took the first one, not knowing any of the side effects or owt (yes totally stupid and highly NOT recommended) and went off to meet my “in laws” for the first time. All was going ok but my stomach was making some extremely strange noises (think White Chicks) and I did the smallest of pops ever. I thought “ohhh that will be fine no-one heard that”. Not long after I excused myself to the loo to discover that the pop was not a pop but a shart. A typical orange oily Xenical shart. That had come through. On my clothes. Cue to an extremely apologetic quick exit.
What would be your worst and favourite Groundhog day? I’m going to skip this one too. I know I’m turning out to be a bit of a flake on the question front, but again it involves my daughter and it’s far too early in my blogging journey to be weighing you all down with that. We will get there at some point just not yet.
You have 1 year to live, what would you do? Absolutely everything. Some of my bucket includes seeing the Northern Lights in Iceland in one of those glass topped igloos and holidaying in Fiji.
Dress up or dress down? A little bit of both. I love dressing up, even if I have nowhere special. I can often be seen traipsing round Sainsburys in a full on 50s outfit but I can guarantee if you visit me at home unexpectedly I will have my PJs on. I have one day a week (usually Sundays) where if I can help it I don’t get out of them at all.
What/who are you most grateful for? All the people in my life that love and support me on a daily basis.
What/who is your biggest inspiration? All the people I choose to have in my life. I have people in my life that inspire me on a daily basis, sometimes with the smallest of gestures or actions. These are the kind of people we should all aspire to surround ourselves with, and the kind of person we strive to be.
What do you need to improve? Jeeze another long list but I’ll try and give you the abridged version. My ability to take criticism, my makeup skills, how to pose for full length pictures (I currently have Russian Shot Putter and Latvian Javelin Thrower in my repertoire) and how to walk in high heels without looking like I’ve had a tragic sharting incident (flashback to Question #1).
If you could have one superpower what would it be? My heart says the power to heal yet my head says x-ray vision for sure and a lot of Tom Hardy stalking.
What 3 items could you take to a desert island apart from food and water? My mobile phone, a mobile wifi hotspot box so I could get a signal and my red lipstick collection.
If you managed to stay with me that long here are my 6 nominations (I know it said 11 but I’ve literally been blogging 3 weeks and I don’t know enough people yet):
Finally my 11 questions…
- What is your favourite ice cream flavour?
- If you could be any animal what would you be and why?
- What is your favourite season and why?
- Do you prefer the beach or the city?
- What is your favourite outfit?
- What was the last film you saw?
- Do you have a nickname?
- What do you usually eat for breakfast?
- What is the most spontaneous thing you have ever done?
- If you could be one person for the day who would it be and why?
I’m looking forward to reading all your responses and thanks again LabelsLisaLoves for the nomination.